Mar

Today in History

Taking a moment out of the fun times I wanted to do a little self-congratulations; today is the one-year anniversary of the Slanch Report!

When I got into the blogging game, I knew I was in for a wild ride. The crazed groupies, the wild parties, the drugs, it all really happens, the sheer fame I’ve received from this blog has been amazing. Now, when I walk into my living room everyone there knows my name, I’m FAMOUS!

Our first post, revealing some of the prophecies in the epic cinema piece Independence Day, took the world by storm, and since then, I have done my damnedest to bring you some of the best, most interesting sports stories and interesting news. I hope you’ve enjoyed it.

Thank you so much to everyone who has read and enjoyed the Slanch Report, I hope you keep coming back and don’t forget to tell your friends. Please keep up the comments and the let’s keep the conversations going, got an opinion on anything I write, let everyone know, think my grammar sucks? Throw a comment out there. Together we can make this the best blog on the internet.

And of course, critical comments are always welcome too; if I’m doing something that sucks or that you hate, please let me know, we are constantly evolving here and our crack team wants to do everything to provide you with the best experience possible.

Some statistics from this past year:

860 posts

1,290 comments

over 100 different posts have been picked up by other blogs, nearly 1 in 8!

Our top 5 viewed posts of all time:

1. One More Reason for Soccer’s Popularity (NSFW)
  2. This Guy Loves Only One Thing More than America
  3. What is it about Pole Vaulting? (NSFW)
  4. Today’s Hot Olympian
  5. Melanie Adams Leaps Into Our Hearts

We’ve had readers from 6 continents, with 20% of our readership from Europe

The largest group of readers outside the US are in the United Kingdom

my favorite posts of the past year:

1. Danks, Nuggets, Blazers and Flames, Oh My!
  2. Lost in Castiglione
  3. The Most Definitive Interview of the Decade

and as of this writing, we’ve had 441,859 views!

7 Responses to “Today in History”

1. 1 youppi
    March 11, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Let me be the first to thank you for amusing me (and all the other readers) for the past year. The slanch report has been a daily read for the past 365, so thanks!

now, more;

dopplegangers, baseball, hotgirls, and such… oh and more accidents, like people getting their legs crushed, or some kid ice skating, and then he falls through the ice or something and you title it “pond hockeyyyyyikes!!”.

I’ve got nothing… but YOU ALWAYS DO! THANKS AGAIN, SLANCH REPORT!

2. 2 youppi
    March 11, 2009 at 3:24 pm

first! yes!

3. 3 The Other Sister
    March 11, 2009 at 3:44 pm

Congratulations!

4. 4 the sister
    March 11, 2009 at 6:57 pm

here’s to many more years of super-slanchiness!

5. 5 the roomate
    March 12, 2009 at 7:26 am

happy 1st! I got you: a new bib, some booties for your widdle feetsies, a used furbie, and a couple french fries.

6. 6 southerner
    March 12, 2009 at 11:23 am

This totally counts as a birthday, you know.

7. 7 myummers
    March 12, 2009 at 2:59 pm

congrats on a year, slanch. i’m impressed with your consistency of posting and overall tenacity. just remember to try and keep up with the grammar.

also, i haven’t heard a word about allison stokke in AGES. please fix that.

long live slanch!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow The Slanch Report

Join 19 other followers

Sign Our Petition!

The Slanch Report has started an online petition asking the MLB Network to air the Dock Ellis no-hitter he threw on June 12, 1970 against the San Diego Padres. The moment was a seminal piece of baseball history and is certainly worthy of being rerun.

Please join us in this cause and sign the petition below so we can all share in this special and fantastic moment of baseball history. THANKS!
SIGN THE PETITION HERE! AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND PASS THIS ALONG!

March 2009