Jul

I Want to Pay Attention But For Some Reason I Can’t

How am I supposed to pay any attention whatsoever to whatever it was Kevin Burkhardt was blabbering about during last night’s game with this in the background?

I want to pay attention, I’m sure Kevin’s conversations with Jerry Manuel were very deep and profound but I just have this one vision dancing through my head every time they would cut back to him in this segment, I think it went a little something like this:

Some quick research finds out that this is one of the lovely and talented Marlins “Mermaids”, by the name of Glenda. Thanks to their totally kick-ass interactive site, we can find out that Glenda, who terms her fashion sense as “Classy Trendy” also “would describe myself as unique, adventurous, and ambitious.” Sounds spunky!

I know that I would pay much attention to Kevin whenever he speaks if SNY made this a trend…It certainly makes watching the Mets more interesting that’s for sure.

Join us below the jump for a couple more shots of the delightfully fun Glenda, or check out her gallery here.

11 Responses to “I Want to Pay Attention But For Some Reason I Can’t”

1. 1 youppi
    July 30, 2008 at 5:43 pm

where was he even reporting from? and why is that the ‘cool place’ for everyone to hang out in the middle of the game?

2. July 31, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Surprised you didn’t mention the dude who looks like Dan Rafael yanking it with his right hand. He’s got that “I’m really reaching over to get the full grip on this thing” look on his face.

3. July 31, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Some of the finest investigative blogging I’ve seen in all my days. Excellent work.

4. 4 lucaschute
    July 31, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Who is named Glenda in this day and age? She is clearly actually named Chrissi or Melanie.

5. August 1, 2008 at 8:00 am

she is really sexy girl

6. 6 youppi
    August 1, 2008 at 12:39 pm

my cousin’s name is Glenda…

7. 7 the roomate
    August 1, 2008 at 1:20 pm

is she a good witch? from the north?

8. 8 shatraw
    August 2, 2008 at 11:05 pm

kevin burkhardt would have noticed, except i’m pretty sure he’s gay.

9. 9 d nels
    August 11, 2008 at 8:55 pm

hes not gay

10. 10 shatraw
    August 12, 2008 at 11:28 am

i’m not saying it’s a bad thing, d nels. he just beeps my gaydar a little bit. but i love the guy as a roving reporter type. he’s great and he’ll make a good play by play guy someday.

11. 11 lilmismermaid
    September 10, 2009 at 11:09 am

the girl in the background of the reporter is not glenda….her name is alexis. its no surprise there was a confusion…they both look very much alike.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow The Slanch Report

Join 19 other followers

Sign Our Petition!

The Slanch Report has started an online petition asking the MLB Network to air the Dock Ellis no-hitter he threw on June 12, 1970 against the San Diego Padres. The moment was a seminal piece of baseball history and is certainly worthy of being rerun.

Please join us in this cause and sign the petition below so we can all share in this special and fantastic moment of baseball history. THANKS!
SIGN THE PETITION HERE! AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND PASS THIS ALONG!

July 2008