I’m live twittering the opening ceremonies. Come join me. @slanchreport
For the full running commentary go to my Twitter page.
Otherwise, a few of my choicest bon mots after the jump
- no one shows hot chicks in the crowd like NBC’s Olympics director…
- “luger,” there’s a word you don’t want to slur…
- Sweden. I want to go to there.
- there are few things more useless than a blimp shot of an arena
- Only one question: Where is Getty Lee?
- i’m taking bets on who the person to light the torch is, 10,000:1 it’s John Candy
- you know how i know you’re gay? you rollerblade in unison
- slam poetry. Finally! Canadians KNOW entertainment
- Seriously, no one does hotties-in-the-crowd shots like NBCs Olympics director.
- Michael J Fox as the torch lighter? #ourparkinsonsbeatsyours #eatitatlanta
- mild applause for god. #courtingdisaster
- kd lang looks like david arquette #idontknowwhothatsworsefor
- Sleeper pick for the torch lighting, rick moranis
There’s plenty more great bits like that on my page, so check it out!
Also, here are two of the best comments I saw from other people during the ceremonies: